7.07.2008

Bee Mine

While getting ready for my upcoming trip, I've been looking around for a fashionable shoulder bag to use as a travel purse. You know, one that can strap across your body, has lots of pockets, but doesn't look like it came from the Army Navy Surplus?! I received a gift certificate to Laura Bee Designs for my birthday and decided this weekend was the perfect time to cash her in and make the custom travel purse of my dreams!


Laura Bee's shop is located in the hip Seattle area of Ballard and is full of fun jewelry, accessories and custom purses. Yes, you heard me right, CUSTOM purses! Peruse the over 20+ styles of purses from clutches to laptop bags, then choose your own fabrics, accent leather, vintage ribbon & button accessories and custom pockets to make the perfect bag. Laura herself is almost always in the shop and any of her talented designers can help you pick the perfect combination if you're feeling overwhelmed by the plethora of options set before you. Then, once you're all designed, your bag is made by hand in their Ballard shop and is usually ready within a month.


I chose the Rachel shoulder bag. I love the ruching of the fabric...adding an elegant look to a very utilitarian bag. My perfect travel bag has been customized with a convertible strap that allows you to change from a long body crossing strap to a standard length shoulder strap and is filled with internal pockets for my cell phone, passport and sunglasses, plus still has room for any souvenir purchases I make along the way! To ensure my new beauty matched with all of my travel wardrobe, I went with a neutral ruched grey microsuede with fabulous tone on tone grey patton leather accents for the outside and a bright pop of peachy pink silk taffeta for the internal lining. I chose to omit the vintage button embellishment for a cleaner, more modern look, but there truly are a HUGE variety to choose from...all of which are very fun. Love it!


My perfect travel purse is going to be ready just before I leave and I can't wait. It is so fun to know I will have a fashionable, unique and utilitarian purse that will keep all of my valuables safe while I'm on the go. Visit Laura's shop sometime, it is worth the trip!
Live outside of the area? Visit www.laurabeedesigns.com and order online...have your custom creation shipped to you!

Photos courtesy of Soulstice Imagery and Laura Bee Designs.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin